Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Still sanding

Well I'm still hard at it sanding(Yes I'm a bit behind but I have to fit this on top of my usual daily work) the plug boat getting ready to build a mould for a new sea kayak and let me tell you its bloody hard work but Its exciting seeing it all take shape.
The stern is all shaped and ready to go as is the new cockpit that I have shaped in.We spent a few days getting the new hull section all smooth and in line with the existing hull.
Not much more to do to finish and I'll be glad

Firstly to get it right you have to load up with filler, rough sand and then working your way down from dry sandpaper to wet sandpaper and finer and finer grades.

That ends up being about 10/12 sands of the one bloody spot!!! And they are big spots


From a manufacturers perspective its exciting and I cant wait to make the mould next week

No comments: