Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Its happening now

Just like my last two post's I spent alot of my free time lately SANDING!!!

It killed me in the end but I got there.... super cleaned the plug boat by finely sanding and then cutting and polishing, followed by another finer polish to really bring out the luster in the gel coat and then finally 8 coats of release wax (all over the boat and then a min of an hour in between coats )

Today in perfect conditions for gel coat spraying, I applied moulding gel coat to the plug  and after a short wait followed up with one coat of some light weight chopped strand fibreglass  and tomorrow I'll have the deck all done and then we move onto the hull

Have a funky glimpse of the mould in construction


You can see a good outline of the boat and where the flanges start in the photo.
They are being made extra wide to accommodate Vacuum infusion techniques

Cool Hey?
  

No comments: