Friday, May 7, 2010

a break in the proceddings

Having been busy getting the new boat ready for production (I dont want to bore you with the "how much sanding I have done) I haven't had much opportunity to get out paddling,so ith the ANZAC day long weekend I took the time to pack up and go paddling and camping for the three days and two nights.
The added bonus was I was going to catch up with some good friends that I hadn't seen in a while.
The destination was Hidden Valley on the far south coast ......Dont ask me where as its Hidden!!!

Its one of my two favourite camp spots but it can be a bugger to get on and off as its very open to NE/SE swells.My family and friends camped their over Christmas..kids everywhere even all over my boat


The kids were playing some game where the grass was the ocean and my boat well...was a boat

My kayak weighed a ton with water,food,refreshments(a few beers) spearfishing gear,weight belt etc and for a three day trip was bloody heavy so I was thankful for a little push from the wind.
After a 2 1/2 hr paddle I arrived late afternoon to meet my mates,Fishkiller,Arunas,Guy and Snoady for a relaxing weekend

I managed to score a bounty for dinner Abalone and some nice fish cooked on the open fire
They were delicious

Guy and I spent the afternoon climbing the nearest peak to get a view of the coast north and the view.....



was breathtaking,so much, we sat and just looked for quite some time.You can see Montague Is in the far distance and our camp spot on the cleared grass

At hidden Valley there is a hut to utilize with basic shelter and a central cookspot .....I love it, its a cool spot to watch whales when they are about in Oct/Nov down this way or just hang around watching the flames of the fire.

All up it was a good break from all the hard work and you cant beat seakayaking to help wash away the dramas of life.just you and your kayak.
I live for those little (and big ones) breaks away from normal life.It provides me with a chance to recuperate
I 'll escape again soon

Oh by the way I have finished the mould and will be making the first Nadgee........???  soon

next post will be photos of the layed up kayak .it looks great

No comments: