Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tsunami Rangers "Confessions of a Wave Warrior"

A couple of months ago now I attended National Kayaking week over in NZ and whilst I was there I meet two of the major players of the Tsunami Rangers Jim Kakuk and Eric Soares and we chatted and paddled together over the next few days ..They are good paddlers and gave a great talk about paddling in the rough stuff...any way..to cut a long story short, NKA will be manufacturing their kayaks in the not too distant future and cant wait to start.
I ended up traveling over to the USA to finalize the deal and while I was over there I also attended Eric 's book launch of his much anticipated book "Confessions of a Wave Warrior " .

 These guys are like Demi Gods in the USA and rightly so as they do stuff in their kayaks which most of us would cringe at and if you dont believe me have a look here


The  book is an excellent read and you also get to build a great picture of who Eric is and the team he and Jim built around them

It was excellent fun camping and hanging and paddling with the Rangers  for a week and was one of the highlights of my year

NKA have the book for sale for $30.00 plus postage ..get it while you can

No comments: